Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Welcome!

I've been wanting to start a genealogy blog for a long time, and today is the day!  First off, a little about me:  My name is Tiffany.  I love genealogy and family history!  I love learning about the past, about how historical events shaped and affected my ancestors lives.  I love the stories, the colorful, the heartache, the joy, the romance, and the every day details that filled up their lives.  I love that sense of self that I get as I learn more about the people who paved the way for me, it gives me a feeling that if they could endure, I can, too.  And it makes me look forward to my own children and grandchildren, and beyond.  What legacy will I leave for them?

Besides just being personally passionate about genealogy, I also earned my degree from Brigham Young University in 1996 in Family History/Genealogy, with an emphasis on US research.  I have spent the past 15 years doing personal research, as well as volunteer and paid research for others. I've also spent the past 15 years working on my own "family history", as a stay at home mom of five wonderful children.

My main goal for this blog is to share the stories and research I've gleaned from my family history discoveries, and to connect with other genealogists.  So, welcome to Who's Your Granddaddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment