Monday, May 2, 2011

Amanuensis Monday - Will of John Duncan


"I, John Duncan of Moundsville in Marshall County West Va make this my last will revoking all others i give devise bequeath my estate and property real and personal as follows that is to say:
1st i direct that that my real estate be sold to the best advantage my personal ? all other expenses and lawfull debts be paid.
2nd After paying all claims i direct that my Children and grandchildren hereafter named be paid the sum specified to wit: George Duncan, my son, twenty dollars, Jane Whitlatch my daughter four dollars, Emeline Myers, my daughter, four dollars, Jackson Whitlatch (grandson) one dollar, Albert Duncan (grandson) one dollar, Harry Duncan (grandson) one dollar, Oney Duncan (granddaughter) one dollar, Lila E Hartsell, my Daughter who has been a faithfull and good daughter in keeping house and caring for me is to have the remainder of the money devised from the sale of my real estate, with all my personal property, Household and kitchen furnishings.
I appoint my daughter Lila E. Hartsell of Moundsville, West Va my executrix without ? of this my will.
In witness whereof i have signed and sealed published and declared this instrument as my last will at Moundsville West Va, on this 23 day of June 1906, John Duncan (his mark)
Attest:  S. F. Earliwine, George Dorsey

The said John Duncan at Moundsville West Va on June 23rd 1906 signed and sealed this instrument and published and declared the same as, and for his last will.  And we at his request and in his presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto written our names as subscribing witnesses.
S. F Earliwine
George Dorsey

Office of the Clerk of the County Court of Marshal County West Virginia
August 29 1906
A paper, writing bearing date June 23 1906 and purporting to be the last will and testament of John Duncan, deceased, this day fully proved before me on the oaths of S. F. Earliwine and George Dorsey the two subscribing attesting witnesses thereto, and is admitted to probate and ordered to be recorded as the true last will and testament of the said John Duncan, deceased.  Teste: J C Chase, Clerk."

Will Book Vol 4, Marshall Co, WV, p. 360, Family History Library, 35 N West Temple Street, Salt Lake City, Utah 84150  USA, FHL #0853789.

No comments:

Post a Comment